Rich and fudgy with the perfect amount of chocolate frosting. Amazing when they are warm and a'la mode. Seriously, go make these right now. You probably already have all the ingredients!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla with a whisk. Add butter; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until brownies test done with a wooden pick. Cool in pan on a wire rack (or the top of the stove)
- For frosting, combine butter, cocoa, water and coffee; mix well. Gradually stir in sugar until smooth, adding additional warm water if necessary to achieve a spreading consistency. Frost the brownies and watch in amazement as they disappear!